Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 7:53:39 +1000
From:      Alex R <freebsd@schlossadler.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2/i386 X/DRI issues

On Wed, 30 May 2007 16:38:56 -0400, Rob <r17fbsd@xxiii.com> wrote:
> 6.2-what?  You are probably running Release;  you don't have Stable unless
> you've updated source and re-compiled everything.  Stable is really a few
> steps ahead of release, with additional features and fixes, believed to be,
> uhh "stable" but not really recommended for production servers.  Stable it
> the next Release in the making.
>
>   -RW

You're right.. And my fault for assuming Release/Stable meant the same thing.. My bad..

"FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE"

So I need to 'stable' for DRI to work. If the issue with DRI on the i945 was fixed some time ago, as someone else suggested, why hasn't it been merged into 6.2-Release? Is there any patch to fix this for 6.2-RELEASE?

Thanks
Alex