Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 10:58:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Julian Sassenscheidt <julian@lav.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI IDE CD-ROM drive

Hello,

A few days ago I bought WalnutCreek's FreeBSD 2.1.5 CD.
In the moment I'm running Linux Kernel 2.0.0 but I want to try out FreeBSD.
Well, the Installation-software can't find my ATAPI IDE CD-ROM drive.
I'm using an Adaptec AHA1542b SCSI-Controller for my Harddisk and an
IDE-Controller for my Floppy and the CD-ROM drive.
What can I do?

Best, Julian

Julian Sassenscheidt / Hamburg / Germany / Linux-Kernel 2.0.0
Internet E-Mail: julian@spitfire.lav.de
WWW-Homepage: http://www.lavielle.com/~julian/julian.html
PGP Fingerprint: A9 22 AA 78 7E FB 47 D4  ED 4B 78 6B 18 F5 D7 ED