Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Adam Weinberger <monkey@crackula.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/29461: new port: x11-wm/bbapm (blackbox APM meter)

The following reply was made to PR ports/29461; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam Weinberger <monkey@crackula.com>
To: Scott Renfro <scott@renfro.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:22:32 -0700

 Scott Renfro took 6.3K on Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 09:47:10PM -0700 to say:
 > Turns out the original source never initializes many member variables,
 > resulting in unpredictable behavior and segfaults.

 odd, i'm running a 4.3 REL system too, and it caused no problems with the
 patches i'd included.

 > After extracting the original shar, cd into bbapm and apply the attached
 > patch.  This adds a new file patch-aa and modifies patch files
 > patch-bbapm.cc and patch-resource.cc.

 after adding your patches, it starts up like 3 times faster for me, and the
 loadbars work now. thanks for the additions!

 should i resubmit a new shar with your patches included, or should i assume
 that you port people got it under control?

 -Adam

 --
 Adam Weinberger		| relax; being eaten by an alligator is just like
 monkey@crackula.com	| going to sleep...... in a giant blender.