Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:58:05 -0500
From:      Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with Identd

	Hi guys... I am trying to run identd with 2.2.6-stable.  I cvsuped the
ports, recompiled about 3 to 4 times.  Added this line to inetd.conf.  I
tried both of them... one at a time of course... and ran killall -HUP inetd
and ran "BitchX", an irc client, and all the irc servers say there is NO
identd response.  Am I missing something obvious here?  I thought it should
work very easily out of the ports.

ident  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/tcpd
/usr/local/sbin/identd -i
ident  stream  tcp     wait    root    /usr/local/libexec/tcpd
/usr/local/sbin/identd -w -t120

-Carroll Kong