Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 19:39:49 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   need help finding when /boot/loader broke

I have narrowed down when /boot/loader broke for me.  On a current
-CURRENT box:

    cd /sys/boot
    cvs up -D 5/1/2000
    make obj ; make depend ; make all install

produces a working loader.  Using

    cvs up -D 5/2/2000

above does not.  It would be quite helpful if people could check to see
if that is when the loader broke for them.  There are two different
failures modes people are seeing, and I want to know if they both happen
across this time period.

P.S.  DON'T FORGET to have a backup loader as /boot/loader.good *AND* to
update your boot blocks (which allow you specify a different loader than
the hardcoded "/boot/loader").
--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)