Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:50:57 -0600
From:      "Mark A. Maupin" <mark@binary-front.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB thumbdrive keeps automatically remounting

I am running freebsd 7.1, with Gnome.
I have gnome_enable=3D"yes" and dbus_enable=3D"yes" in my rc.conf and my =
usb key gets auto-mounted when i plug it in.

My problem is, when i unmount the drive (either by right clicking the =
icon on the desktop, or by umount command)
the drive immediately remounts, and the window showing files on the =
drive pops up again.

The only way i can remove the drive is by killing hald, remove the =
drive, and restart hald.

This DOES NOT happen with any other usb drives i have used on this =
system, including mp3 players.

The only difference i can find (other than size) between this usb device =
and others I've used, is that this one
shows up as /dev/da0(s1) AND /dev/msdosfs/LEXAR, whereas the others only =
show up as /dev/da0(s1).

All get mounted in /media/<labelname>

I've been looking into this on and off  since December (got it for =
Xmas), and have yet to find a solution...

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be causing this problem on =
this particular device? I've tried reading up
on hald to see if i could find anything to help but I'm stumped. I tried =
one suggestion on creating/editing an fdi file
i had found on a forum, but to no avail.=20

Asking for help is really a last resort for me, this is the first time =
that patience, persistence, and a good deal of googling/man page reading =
hasn't solve a problem for me.