Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:39:58 -0500
From:      "Jim Freeze" <jim@freeze.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to access POP3 mail?

I have the 4 cd set of FBSD 3.4 installed at home and am using user PPP
to dial up to the internet.
In the process of transitioning all my stuff from windows to FBSD,
I only have remaining how to access my email, which now sits
out on a POP3 server from my ISP.

I have Greg's book and have read the little bit he wrote about
accessing pop mail, but I am still at a loss as what to do.

He says to get popper from ports. I can't find it in ports. What
cd is it on.
He also says get popclient. I can't find this one either.

I also checked the ftp.freebsd.org site, and was not able to find
them there either. I did find qpopper. Is that popper? Are they the same?

So, what is the best way to get my email to my desktop, which has
to dial up via a modem?

Also, once I get the mail, how do I configure (sendmail?, mutt?) to
send mail to the outside world?

Thanks