Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:34:42 -0300 (ADT)
From:      User Freebsd <freebsd@hub.org>
To:        "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Peter A. Giessel wrote:

> On 7/26/2006 07:35, User Freebsd seems to have typed:
>
>> The point is, if we keep acting as "individuals", vendors will treat as
>> unimportant ... if we start acting like an organization, and actually
>> *lobby* these vendors for better support, maybe they will start to listen
>> to us ...
>
> We could also make it a point to support those who actually support us,
> such as 3ware, thus making it very profitable to continue to support
> FreeBSD and providing financial disincentive to those who don't support
> FreeBSD.

The problem with this is where is the dis-incentive?  those that aren't
openly supporting us now don't believe they are losing any money from not
supporting us ...

What I'd like to see, as I've posted on advocacy as well, is #s to show to
those that aren't openly supporting us know to show them that there is a
market for them ...

Supporting 3ware is good, but what if/when Adaptec buys them out ...
Adaptec doesn't officially support FreeBSD, therefore, anyone they buy out
would most likely change their policy accordingly ...

----