Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:42:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        "Joseph M. Scott" <jmscott@ainet.com>
Cc:        "David L. Vondrasek" <dallas.tx@airmail.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Third Party SMTP relay

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Joseph M. Scott wrote:

> 	Hummm.  I would want to see the mc file then.  There is a way in
> the mc file to open up relaying, however you have to add it.
>
> 	According to :
> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti-spam.html
>
> Relaying is still turned off by default in 8.9.1

[snip]

> > I had a friend that JUST installed  8.9.1 and didn't touch anything. He
> > still relays. He was TOLD this was a fix, I have the relayed mail to prove
> > it relays still

Could also be that he's got some domains in sendmail.cR or in
/etc/mail/relay-domains.  Other than that, it shouldn't relay by
default.

Jim

|=> Jim Mock [jim@thunder.st0rm.com] [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	<=|
|=> st0rm Internet Services | A franchise of Triax, Inc.	<=|
|=> web: http://www.st0rm.com/ | web: http://www.phear.net/	<=|
|=> Website Design & Hosting | Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	<=|
|=> FreeBSD: The Power to Serve | http://www.freebsd.org/	<=|