Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 01:34:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   identd

i recall a long running thread earlier this year concerning identd and
ip-aliasing.  was this issue ever resolved, or was it just dropped?

it really is beyond my comprehension how identd is in such widespread
use anyhow, it's like nobody even bothers noticing that it is one of
the most often and easily faked protocols out there, and that very
issue is addressed in the original rfc itself...  idiots everywhere.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or