Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 22:46:26 -0500
From:      "Adam L. Simpson" <adam2@netsonic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.0-Stable Fatal Trap 12 when increasing maxusers

Hi there.. was wondering if anyone has any information on a problem we are
having with a 4.0-Stable box..

I can boot just fine with the Generic Kernel however if I recompile a new
kernel and only increase the maxusers to 64, 128 or 256 and reboot I get
the following:

fault virtual address   = 0x0
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc12eadbb
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xce4cef2c

current process         = ldconfig
interrupt mask          =
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

Is there somthing possibly wrong with 4.0 stable and recompiling a custom
kernel??  Ive not seen anything regarding this in the bug list..

Ive swapped all hardware and same results including memory, motherboard,
scsi controller, video cards all except the disks themselves.

Appreciate any help.