Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:50:05 -0000
From:      "Nuno Teixeira" <nuno.teixeira@pt-quorum.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP NAT Gateway security

Hello to all,

Recently I configured a FreeBSD box to act like a gateway for my NT
workstation computers at my office have access to the Internet. I configured
it in this way:

    ppp -background -nat MYISP

It works OK and I have access to a lot of Internet services.

My question is: do I need to configure this machine with firewall, so I can
protect my internal network from the outside net?

If I need so, please tell me a good place to start with firewalls for
FreeBSD.

Thanks very much,

Nuno Teixeira