Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:41:00 -0600
From:      mike.perik@bankofamerica.com
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCC 2.95.x with threads enabled

I'm attempting to build JTC 1.0.13 and Orbacus 4.0.3 on a SMP (2x100 mhz)
box.   The first step is to build JTC but it needs a version of the compiler
that has threads enabled.  The default gcc does not have threads enabled so
I poked around in the /usr/src/contrib directory and really got no where.  I
downloaded the source and was going to build it and install it into
/usr/local.  I finally got that finished but it still doesn't seem to have
threads enabled in it.  JTC/Orbacus checks for thread support by doing an nm
on libgcc.a and grep'ing for 'thread'.  I know I used the --enable-threads
option on configure so I'm at a loss as to what is the problem.

Has anybody else dealt with this?  How did you resolve it?

I'm running a 4.1 machine. and the gcc version is 2.95.2.

Thanks,
Mike Perik