Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:56:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Robert Bowen <robert@braingarage.com>
To:        Richard Martin <dmartin@origen.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel compile fails at agp_if.h

in the end I was able to make it work with "make
buildkernel" and "make installkernel". No more messages
and failed compilation. Matthew West kindly pointed out
that the instructions were in /usr/src/UPGRADING - I
assumed that since I was simply cvsuping a newer version
of -stable I wouldn't have to do that.

Quoting Richard Martin <dmartin@origen.com>:

> Warner,

I am having the exact same problem, and it think it is
worth noting that
it involves upgrading from 3.4 to 4.1.

Following the steps in UPGRADING _exactly_:  buildworld,
buildkernel and
installkernel work fine. changing to
/usr/src/sys/modules and running make
install, yields:

install: agp.ko: No such file or directory
***Error code 71

The new agp.ko file is in /modules, but apparently the
make can't find it.

removing agp from the makefile in /usr/src/sys/modules
just gives the same
error on whatever file is first.

let me know if you have ideas,

Thanks.