Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:42:51 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why change to plist-sub for pkg-message?

Doug Barton wrote:
> Ok, now I see where you're going with this. :)  With respect to Wesley,
> the approach in the patch is bass-ackwards. You don't want to do
> anything with files named *pkg*message*, there are just too many
> variations. The only thing you want to worry about is
> /var/db/pkg/*/+DISPLAY. That way you can be sure of several useful
> things ... it's persistent (I.e., users can bring it up again with
> pkg_info), it's already post-processed, etc. etc.

Well most of the other patches eliminate crappy seds in the Makefile or
change PREFIX -> %%PREFIX%% so it can *actually* be processed.

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.