Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 19:20:48 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        jin@george.lbl.gov, brian@mpress.com, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P/I-P65UP5 + C-P55T2D dual Pentium MB

At 05:38 PM 5/21/97 -0600, jin@george.lbl.gov wrote:

>Also, the 2.2.2-RELEASE installation failed to set the hostname and all
>network info. (such as ifconfig_ed1, defaultrouter etc.) into the
>/etc/rc.conf.

This happened during my upgrade as well. I had to edit manually. Finally
got everything running.

Also had to put Apache into rc.local, since the apache_httpd option from
/etc/sysconfig had no counterpart in rc.conf.

I'm beginning to wonder if some of the instabilities I'm seeing are due
to running binaries compiled under 2.1-R with 2.2.2-R.

--Brett