Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:28:35 -0400
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <garys@opusnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Left/right arrow and backspace translation confusion

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:57:05AM -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> You didn't mention these (albeit unlikely) things:
>     -- Different "console driver" (sc vs. vt) in kernel.

Both are the same; not using pcvt.

>     -- Different "keymap" (see /etc/default/rc.conf).

Not setting key maps.

>     -- Different key "bind" settings in shell config files.

I don't think I'm setting that up at all, seeing as how I never
noticed one can. :-)

Thanks for checking corner cases though; surely the devil lies in the
details...

---
Doug Lee           dgl@dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org
BART Group         doug@bartsite.com   http://www.bartsite.com
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them
to choose from." -- Andrew Tanenbaum