Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:31:12 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Concerning PC Mags pitiful mention of FreeBSD

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 12:33:32PM -0800, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> > Ok, this is concerning the ariticle in PC Magazine's March edition (Vol.
> > 18, No. 6 Marche 23, 1999).  To make a long story short, they had like too
> > articles on Linux and the GPL.  The first one was some editors note, then
> > the other was a full blown Unix timeline, installation guide, and
> > comparisons between 4 different distributions.
> >
> > Well actually, they called it more of an "Open Source" aritcle.  Not just a
> > Linux article.
>
> I finally got around to reading that horrible article (a URL was just
> posted to /.).  Yich.  Please, everyone, it's time for some Brett style
> advocacy.  These guys can't even figure out what the acronym KDE stands
> for (hint: it's NOT Kool Desktop Environment).

Kool Desktop Environment was the working name of KDE during initial
development.  That's what the acronym stood for _then_, at least.

I don't think I've seen any other expansions, beyond calling it 'K
Desktop Environment', which hardly seems like a full expansion.

What would you have them put there?

Eivind.