Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 14:04:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        David Vondrasek <dallas.tex@airmail.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Networking 2 BSD box's

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, David Vondrasek wrote:
> HELP !!  :P  Sory had to let out frustation..
> I have 2 Box's, Both with 2.2.5-RELEASE
> Both have NE-2000 Cards
> PLEASE !! show me were to look to getese thinks to see each other. Or tell me
> the main settings I have to have enabled.

Based on the rc.conf you included these two should be happily
talking to each other.

Are the nics detected?
What does netstat -in look like?
netstat -rn ?

> /etc/rc.conf
> ### Network routing options: ###
> defaultrouter="YES"             # Set to default gateway (or NO).

Either set this to NO or to the IP address assigned to the PPP
port.  If NO you need to have PPP take care of establishing the
default route.

> static_routes=""                # Set to static route list (or leave empty).
> gateway_enable="YES"            # Set to YES if this host will be a gateway.
> router_enable="YES"             # Set to YES to enable a routing daemon.

Set this to NO.  You do not need it and it will cause problems.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com