Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:53:52 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        peceka <peceka@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.0, make buildworld without contrib. old top binary in contrib.

peceka writes:

>  can someone tell me if there is any possibility to do make
>  buildworld without compiling all contrib/ directory? I don't need
>  for example bind9 in base, ipfilter, lukemftp(d).

huff@> grep NO /etc/make.conf
#NO_BOOT=       true    # do not build boot blocks and loader
#NO_CVS=        true    # do not build CVS
#NO_CXX=        true    # do not build C++ and friends
#NO_BIND=       true    # do not build BIND
NO_BIND_ETC=       true    # Do not install files to /etc/namedb
NO_BLUETOOTH=  true    # do not build Bluetooth related stuff
#NO_FORTRAN=    true    # do not build g77 and related libraries
#NO_GDB=        true    # do not build GDB
#NO_I4B=        true    # do not build isdn4bsd package
#NO_IPFILTER=   true    # do not build IP Filter package
#NO_PF=         true    # do not build PF firewall package
#NO_AUTHPF=     true    # do not build and install authpf (setuid/gid)
#NO_KERBEROS=   true    # do not build and install Kerberos 5 (KTH Heimdal)
#NO_LPR=        true    # do not build lpr and related programs
#NO_MAILWRAPPER=true    # do not build the mailwrapper(8) MTA selector
#NO_MODULES=    true    # do not build modules with the kernel
#NO_OBJC=       true    # do not build Objective C support
#NO_OPENSSH=    true    # do not build OpenSSH
#NO_OPENSSL=    true    # do not build OpenSSL (implies NO_KERBEROS/NO_OPENSSH)
#NO_SENDMAIL=   true    # do not build sendmail and related programs
#NO_SHAREDOCS=  true    # do not build the 4.4BSD legacy docs
#NO_TCSH=       true    # do not build and install /bin/csh (which is tcsh)
#NO_VINUM=      true    # do not build Vinum utilities
#NOCRYPT=       true    # do not build any crypto code
#NOGAMES=       true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)
#NOINFO=        true    # do not make or install info files
#NOLIBC_R=      true    # do not build libc_r (re-entrant version of libc)
#NOMAN=         true    # do not build manual pages
NO_PROFILE=     true    # Avoid compiling profiled libraries
#NOSHARE=       true    # do not go into the share subdir
NO_LPR=                         true

				Robert Huff