Date:      Mon, 29 May 1995 13:40:42 -0700
From:      hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, vat@ee.lbl.gov
Subject:   Re: vat

> > >Anything that could be done to get them to make vat/sd/wb binaries
> > >for freebsd?  The following forwarded from the rem-conf mbone list.
> >
> > Yeap, instant constant flame specially after his stupid announcement
> > about the audio stuff.
> what stupid announcement?
> >
> > I already sent my flame....
> I think FLAME isn not the way to make friends..
> >
> > 	Amancio
> >

> I sent him a message pointing out that as we can run the BSDI binaries with
> some ammount of success, that to produce a native binary should not be too
> much of a problem, and that we can make all resources he needs available
> to help him do it....

Many including myself  for the past few years have mailed him the same
information and we have received NIL back from him.

	*Steve Macanne* at least was very kind to respond.
	Kudos to him in the diplomacy area!

> julian
>

>From his posting:

  We have a PAS-16 on order (the one card we know of that does
   full duplex audio) and hope to work on full-duplex linux audio
   support whenever it shows up.  That's probably at least a
   month away.

----
The PAS-16 are problematic and in some motherboards it generates
a horrible noise . The work around is to defined in the linux
sound driver "BROKEN_BUS_CLOCK". They are other quality issues
with the PAS-16.

They are well aware that the GUSes support dual dma in fact Steve Mcanne
forwards people to me so I can give them the code.

---
> - The linux audio driver doesn't include any way to set the
>   play or record volume so the volume sliders do nothing.

Dumb again, if  Van  doesn't know how  all he has to do is ask!

	Later,
	Amancio