Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2008 02:42:26 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Subject:   Re: anyone been crazy enough to mirror wikipedia?

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 01:50:20AM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

	Thanks for thi, Ted.

	While this is going even further off-topi, I would like to see a '
	(non-scholarly) wiki for just about every topic you can think of.  By
	wiki, i mean, in wiki format.  over time it could have citations and
	beome a research tool.   On the BSD kernel prio scheduler, for one
	example.  This mighht grow into a wiki-web for unix nerds; or art history
	buffs, etv.

	I've got one questioon that I have been meaning to ask for years, but
	haven't due to the yelps....  II've asked some  off-the-wall here on
	-questions simply because this is the most intelligent group|list of people
	I've found.   Is there a more appropriate place to ask miscelllaneous
	questions?  [I know about some and will hold my tongue!]  Be nice to ask,
	e.g, why homes are not required to have R-50 in the wall;   R-90 attics.
	--I'd ask here, but not only would someone toss a fit, but I doubt that
	even gven our level of xpertness, no one would know.  ---Anyway,
	apologies for this quasi-ramble and completely OT post.

	have a good 4th/july,

	gary