Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:37:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        "Justin L. Boss" <jlboss@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "Paul C. Boyle" <paulcb_mcse@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: 4.5 ISO Not consitant. I must press the issue.

On 26-Feb-2002 Justin L. Boss wrote:
> Yes linux is convenient but everytime I insrall linux it lasts about 1
> day before I can't stand it and fdisk it.

Heh.  I know *exactly* what you mean.  I've tried Linux out of idle
curiosity/bordeom on at least a half dozen occasions, and I think the
longest any install has actually remained on my drive has been maybe a
month (and that one wasn't being used at all after a couple of days, just
took me that long to get around to removing it).

Once you've used FreeBSD, Linux just has a plastic, artificial, "toy" feel.
Yes, it looks nice, and I can easily see how newbies could be quite
impressed by it's visual appearance, but once one begins to really delve
beneath the surface, it's just one disappointment/annoyance after another.

I would take even an X-less install of FreeBSD over the prettiest, most
"user-friendly" install of Linux any day.  It just has "superior" stamped
all over it (if one has eyes to see, that is).

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>

Schnuffel, n.:
        A dog's practice of continuously nuzzling in your crotch in
mixed company.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"