Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:26:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

In addition to being a FreeBSD enthusiast, I am also
a Minix enthusiast. I've learned a great deal about
how UNIX works by hacking the Minix OS myself.
A by-product of my hacks was the development of a
FreeBSD kernel module that impliments the
Minix Version 2 file system. The latest release
that it runs on is FreeBSD 4.6.x.

My question is whether the FreeBSD community
is interested in such a module? If so, then
how does one go about submitting a kernel
module for evaluation and possible inclusion
in the source?

My impression is that the Minix fs is a little
simplistic perhaps for inclusion in the FreeBSD
source. If so, then is it possible to submit it
as a port? I have never seen an example of a
kernel module that was submitted as a port,
however.

		Ed Alley