Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:24:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jfreeze@freebsdportal.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I install 4.4R?

> There were a lot of fixes between 4.3-r and 4.4-r. There were several
> large security holes that you are now running.

Yes. I have seen those security releases.

> It all depends on what you are using. I have dual 866 coppermines and a
> DSL line. The cvsup upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4-stable required about an
> hour from cvsup to reboot to new version.

Sorry for the dumb question, but doing a cvsup upgrade is
something I have never done before. Is this like make world?
I recently got a cable modem and have been keeping up on
ports, but not the system. Can you point me to a step-by-step
instruction list to do this upgrade?

Thanks

Jim