Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 18:57:17 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        lesi@freebsd.org, flz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Future of XFree86

--nextPart2949509.HCszWFHnfW

Today I started out to replace all the old 'USE_XLIB' macros in the KDE por=
ts,=20
the Qt ports and all the ports which are in Qt's and KDE's dependency path=
=20
with dependencies on the individual Xorg ports, until it dawned on me that=
=20
this would effectively desupport XFree86.

So, before I go on or throw away all patches I've made so far: Does XFree86=
=20
have a future as a 'supported' X implementation in ports (where supported=20
means that certain macros like USE_XLIB work for both Xorg and XFree86) and=
=20
is using direct dependencies on the modular X.org ports desired at all?

Cheers,
=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org