Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:11:11 +0800
From:      "C. C. Tang" <hiyorin@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_task_0 consuming cpu resource

> I have one of these boards, but I haven't seen this with -CURRENT.
> There are known fan issues with some of the BIOS revisions for these
> boards.  I would make sure you have the latest BIOS update and see if it
> resolves your issue.

I have updated the BIOS to rev.0182(20090528). It seems that new rev.
has been released about 2 weeks ago but I haven't updated it yet.

I am using 7.2-RELEASE. In fact this problem exists when the board is
newly bought(BIOS rev.099 if I remembered correctly). But at that time I
didn't have case fan so I simply disabled that.

And it seems that the problem may not always happen. (happen when fan
speed need to change?) I rebooted once an hour ago when the system
temperature become stable and the problem does not happed till now.

Thanks,
C.C.