Date:      21 Nov 2002 15:23:28 +1000
From:      Duncan Anker <d.anker@au.darkbluesea.com>
To:        jaime@snowmoon.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Timezone and/or imapd

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 15:10, jaime@snowmoon.com wrote:
> 	I'm running FreeBSD 4.7 on a server named zeus and 4.4 on a server
> named malkav.  On both computers, I'm running qmail and imap-uw of the
> same version from the ports collection.  Both are in EST timezone and
> "date" shows the same time (and "EST") on both of them.
>
> 	Using the same IMAP clients in both cases, the server named zeus
> will show a message's time as being 5 or 10 hours in the future compaired
> to that message in malkav.
>
> 	Can anyone suggest something to look at which may be causing this
> problem?  Remember, I'm in timezone -0500, but one of the servers will
> display five or ten hours into the future, depending on the software
> involved.

Are both computers set to UTC? I would suggest running tzsetup on both
and making sure they are both UTC and in the same time zone. (Of course,
if you are running MS operating systems as well, don't set it to UTC,
and run adjkerntz - however UNIX uses UTC).

The fact that your time is displaying in the future by multiples of your
offset from GMT suggests this.

Hope this helps some.

--

The information contained in this email is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the