Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:31:16 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Which sound card now?

Some weeks or days ago my GUS MAX (non-PnP) became a relic when Voxware
was axed from FreeBSD.

Eventhough, Voxware was reinstated, I diligently went about finding
a "Luigi-Approved" sound card.

After weeks of research I came to the conclusion that the
'Aopen AW 37 Pro' was the card of choice.

I then set about ordering 2.  Two different companies have told me
that the card is no longer made.

So I am now mostly back the square 1.  I'm still using an old GUS MAX,
which at the whim of FreeBSD-core may suddenly stop working.

And I have no idea what modern card will be reasonably well supported
under pcm0.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>