Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:38:39 -0400
From:      "Michael T. Stolarchuk" <mts@off.to>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        mts@off.to
Subject:   read only file system?

I'd like to make copies of complete drives, starting at
block 0 to the last block of the physical volume.
I used to be able to do that, but now i get EROFS errors,
and don't know how to get around them...

These are ide drives, we bought a bunch of them to
replicate and use to boot and run some 8 alphas...
(we don't use the drives for performance, we've got
fast scsi for that), so all the drives we want to
copy onto are the same hardware devices....

We get the error when we:

	dd if=/dev/ad0c of=/dev/ad1c
 or
	dd if=/dev/rad0c of=/dev/rad1c

i belive we're getting the EROFS cause of trying to write
disk label data...

mts.