Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:24:41 -0700
From:      Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifdef SMP in lkm source and Makefile questions.

I am trying to compile a Loadable kernel module that needs the SMP flag.
How would I get the Makefile to read that SMP flag if the system really
is SMP?

So in my .c file I have

#ifdef SMP
 Do special code here
#endif

What I can see, SMP is only defined when compiling kernel, but not the
/sys/modules subdirs.

Also how do I include in the makefile a file from a different dir?

I had in the SRCS= line  ../../foo/bar.c, but then the .o file was in
the wrong dir.  I changed it to bar.c and created a sym link back
to ../../foo/bar.c

- JimP

--
--- @(#) $Id: dot.signature,v 1.9 2000/07/10 16:43:05 pirzyk Exp $