Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:38:29 -0600
From:      Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   My first successful upgrade...

Yeah!
It worked, I was a little scared about the whold process but I sucessfully
upgraded from
3.1 release to 3.2 stable.  I now have three questions:

1- If I had originally installed ports under the 3.1 system, do I need to
recompile them
under 3.2?  They seem to work fine so far.

2- How often is reasonable to upgrade to the latest version of stable?  My
main reason
for upgrading is to ensure that our server is as solid as possible, and
secondly, I
do not want to wind up with a very old distribution that is difficult to
upgrade.

3- When is it better to do a clean install rather than CVSup and make world?

Please do not feel obliged to answer all three questions.

Thanks.

Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.
10148 - 73 Street