Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:19:06 +0200
From:      Michael Elbel <Michael.Elbel@consol.de>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ricoh RL5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge doesn't see card changes

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 12:36:40PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <20000824161639.C35337@consol.de> Michael Elbel writes:
> : or so. However, if I remove the card, pccardc doesn't see it. Insertions
> : don't get detected either.
>
> Yuo are assinging a IRQ that's used for something else to the
> management IRQ of pcic.  Try polling mode.

Did that, now the box simply hung when a card is in the machine. Didn't
matter whether it was present when the boot occured or inserted later.
Have you seen something like this before? The boot process correctly stated
that the driver was in polling mode upon boot.

Thanks for your hint though - i got it to work: There was a unknown device
on irq 10 that I couldn't get rid of.

I enabled the configuration for pcic1 on irq 11, got that recognized
and now everything works.

Again, thanks to everybody who responded.

Michael

--
\|/
-O- Michael Elbel, ConSol* GmbH, - me@consol.de - 089 / 45841-256