Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:50:52 +0800 (+0800)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        msmith@freebsd.org, robinson@netrinsics.com
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI-CA 01-25-01

Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> write:
>> Is it likely that this will be merged into -CURRENT soon?  If so, I'll wait
>> before I cvsup/buildworld.
>
>I'm working on it.  They moved a fair amount of stuff around in this, and
>I want to temporarily turn off the apic and processor drivers until I
>work out what they plan to do about these.  I have it all integrated and
>building though, so it should be in soon.
>
>I also need to get Peter to check out the new state of play with the
>read-before-write bug to make sure we don't regress (and fix the repo to
>pull stuff back onto the vendor branch).

I pulled 5.0-CURRENT sources as of Jan 31, 12:00, picking up the bits you
committed earlier that day (plus amfldio.c from Feb 7).

When I build the kernel with "device acpcica", it wedges my 5000e hard
(blank screen, dead power button, paperclip reboot) about one second into
the boot.  Without acpica, everything is copacetic.

Is this a known discrepency that top men are working on, or should I file a
PR?

	-Michael Robinson

P.S.  Should I be concerned that one of these days I'm going to toast my
BIOS with this ACPI stuff and have to ship my computer back to Dell?