Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:30:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, nvass9573@gmx.com
Subject:   Re: off topic: unmanageable switch?

> Now I have had satisfaction with Dlink and Compex, maybe not among the
> cheapest, but still cheap. I have had some working for 6 or 7 years

You are happy because you are using it with good power supply, probably
UPS.

Both (and D-Link mostly) are completely unprotected for even minor power
spikes. None of them survived more than half a year when i used it of
total over 10.

For pure 100Mbps switches, Asus Giga-X is the best in that respect.