Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:57:35 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel releases "Open Source Language Research Platform"

Has anyone heard of this before? I haven't...

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/cn091900.htm

It's called "Open Runtime Platform" and it can run Java
bytecode. There's source for Linux and Windows. The license is
BSD-style. The web page says it works with GNU Classpath.

It can be downloaded from:

http://www.intel.com/research/mrl/orp/

I wonder how hard it would be to port the Linux source...

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software