Date:      19 Apr 2000 23:53:01 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just got my DSL today...AARGH!!

R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@speakeasy.org> writes:

> Okay, I just read the manual page.  If there is an interrupt conflict, how
> do I go about changing that?  What commands tell me which ones are in
> use?  Is it a simple matter of changing the line in the kernel config?
>
> device		ed0	at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

Yes (and recompiling your kernel, that is). You need to set correct
port *and* irq values. The hard thing is finding them out.

Ideally, there should be a DOS based setup utility for your card, but
IIRC you don't have any sort of drivers/docs for the card. If you went
to the manufacturer's website, you could definitely d/l the setup
utility from there. I have an ISA ne2000 card, if you want to give it
a shot, I can email you the setup disk for it.

You can also read Linux's Ethernet-HOWTO for help with identifying the
card. Specifically look at sections 5 and 7. That document describes
pretty much every card one can find, and gives links to manufacturer's
website.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html

OTOH, if you had Window~1 installed on the same machine, you could use
it as a tool to determine the card's configuration (provided the card
is recognized by it).
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.