Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:03:40 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: urgent: Getting a lot of "parity error" messages in /var/log/messages!?!?!?!

>Hi -
>	For the last week I've been getting quite a few of the below
>errors... the first one repeats a lot, then after awhile the last three
>happen.  Twice now this has completely frozen the machine. The only change
>I've made is to add RAM, but this seems related to my SCSI disk...
>
>The machine is running 4.2-STABLE and has been fine for over a year...
>
>Can anyone shed some light one this?
>
>/kernel: (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): parity error detected in Data-in phase. SEQADDR(0x1ac) SCSIRATE(0x93)
>/kernel: (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): READ(10). CDB: 28 0 0 a8 b8 3f 0 0 2 0
>/kernel: (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): ABORTED COMMAND asc:48,0
>/kernel: (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): Initiator detected error message received

   Your SCSI bus is very unhappy. I would check to make sure that all of the
connectors are plugged in securely and that the bus is properly terminated.
You may also have a defective SCSI cable.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.