Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:54:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      MegaFred <mfred@zen.triax.com>
To:        Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        Michael Slater <mikey@iexpress.net.au>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Job Market for Sys Admins

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Jan Koum wrote:
> 	Don't know about Portland/Seattle, but there is sure a huge market
> in San Francisco Bay Area (aka Silicon Valley). And while it is hard to
> find a part time job (*sigh* darn school), there are a lot of full time
> jobs here all the time. After all, it is not called Silicon Valley for
> nothing. :)

Ah, but the Silicon Forest (Portland / Seattle) is home to Intel, HP, and
Microsoft.  Go North my friend, and a Job will be waiting!  If anything,
there's alot of government jobs up here looking for AS/400 (y2k)
conversions, and alot of sysadmin duties for AIX servers.  Other then
that, just start your own business as FreeBSD consultant... Heck, if
you're good enough, we might even contract out to you. :)

Joe
Triax Internet Services
Portland, OR