Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:38:42 -0800
From:      "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@plambert.net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tosh 2595XDVD -- fan control?

This utility works like a charm on my Tecra 8100.  There are two issues
I'd like to ask the crowd for help with...

1) It doesn't report the status correctly.  It always says the fan is
off.  Someone else mentioned this on different hardware, so I know it's
not just me.  But if anyone knows of any solution or workaround, it'd
be appreciated.

2) Does anyone know a working way to get temperature information from the
machine?  Or any other information?  Healthd gives me obviously incorrect
information, and no temperatures.  If someone has this or any similar
utility working on a Tecra 8100, please let me know.  I'm going to try
all sorts of things (i.e. compiling in the smbus, etc) but pointers
to save time (or let me know I'm going to fail before I get around
to actually failing) would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

--plambert