Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:15:50 +0000
From:      "Andreas S. Wetzel" <mickey242@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.2-R: CardBus problems

Hi

FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on my ThinkPad 600 notebook troubles me when using a 32bit
CardBus Atheros based WLAN adapter. In 1 out of approximately 10 boots, the
adapter is recognized and powered on, as it is supposed to. The other 9 times
the only messages in dmesg are:

cbb1: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000920
cbb1: cbb_power: 3V
cbb1: cbb_power: 0V

I already tried adding the following to /boot/loader.conf without any apparent
change in behaviour:

hw.cbb.start_memory=0xd8000

An old Lucent/ORiNOCO WaveLAN Gold 16bit/5V card works perfectly fine, either
when plugged in at boot time, or inserted later.

Any suggestions as how to help fix this problem are highly appreciated.

Best regard, Andreas

--
Sure the UNIX file system will corrupt your data, but look how fast it is!