Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:50:42 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Alan Litchfield <alan@alphabyte.co.nz>
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lpd and lpr

Thanks for that. I made the change as you suggested but still get the
broken pipe message when dvips is run, and now I get this when lpr is run:

Feb 27 11:34:08 lines lprps[904]: ioctl(TIOCFLUSH): Inappropriate ioctl
for device

I cannot get rid of it now, I have commented out the new line but lpr*
seems to be broken :(

I have set the spool directory to /home/spool/ and this seems OK.

Here is the printcap specs if they help.

remote|lp|lpr|hplj-5|:lp:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=192.168.6.8:rp=RAW:\
        :mx#0:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/lprps:sd=/home/spool/lpd/hplj-5:\

I guess I am a bit stuck now, since it wont print at all.

Alan