Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2017 06:43:25 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: http download using just what comes with base system

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:48:17 -0400, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> Does FreeBSD have a built-in command to perform a file download using
> http. Want to build a script that downloads a file using http without
> having to install some port or package.

I think the "fetch" program is what you are looking for. But you
can also use the "ftp" program which speaks HTTP as well.

See "man fetch" and "man ftp" for details.

Other popular programs which need to be installed are wget and curl,
as those are not part of the OS.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany