Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:14:49 -0500
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@willinet.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 11:45:26AM +0200, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> Well, everybody has his personal favorites. I was thinking about somebody
> new to Unix.
>
> But I like twm. No junk on the screen. I don't need more than one desktop.
> And all the items that could be useful on the desktop are in the left
> mousekey. The most essential things. Like gyroscope, a calculator, xmix.
> Much better ;-)
>
> Somebody from this list helped me a lot in setting up a .twmrc. Beauty in
> use.. Worth the effort.
>
> H.

Yes, if everybody all liked the same thing there would only be on to
choose from. Heck everybody would probably be using that "other" os,
but thank goodness that ain't so.

I know I have gotten some static from users of other systems about my
archaic set up, but hey, that's the way I like it. I like to use
console based apps in xterm (actually rxvt) windows, it' fun. Oh by the
way, does anybody know if Midnight Commander is out there for FreeBSD?
A simple yes or no will suffice.

--
  >Lute<
     Hey! It happens. Well it does...