Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:10:18 -0500
From:      "David S. Jackson" <deepbsd@earthlink.net>
To:        Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nuking unwanted mail via fetchmail and sendmail

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:08:17PM -0600 Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com> wrote:
> 	Anyone know how to do this?  The simpler the solution, the better.

There are some of the same spammers that I see again and again; I don't
want to even have to deal with them by hitting delete.  I have a line
like the following in my procmailrc:

:0
* ? formail -x"From" -x"From:" | egrep -is -f $PMDIR/spammers.txt
/dev/null

Likewise, I have a friends file that forwards mail to my friends inbox.
There are a whole bunch of names on spammers.txt now, and I don't even
have to deal with those pesky folks.  Oh, you can use regular
expressions (as with egrep) in your spammers file.

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net