Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:42:26 -0600
From:      Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
To:        aw096@chebucto.ns.ca, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeBSD volunteering

Hi Joey,

Thank you for your interest!  Here are several things which you can help
with:

1.  Help people by answering questions on this list.
2.  Tell your friends about FreeBSD and help them install it.
3.  Contribute Documentation to the FreeBSD Documentation project.
4.  Write articles/help with the Daemonnews or FreeBSDzine projects.
5.  Donate CD's to your local libraries.
6.  There are many, many more things out there that *you* could help with
    some suggestions can also be found in the Handbook.

Just a short list.  ;-)

Thanks again!

Nathan

joey comeau <aw096@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am recently out of high school(and unsure if the is the correct
> address to send this to) and working as tech-support for an ISP.
>     I would very much like to volunteer my time towards helping the BSD
> project. I have been using Linux for about a year now, and am soewhat
> familiar with it, but i am moving over to freeBSD.
>     I feel that volunteering my time towards this project would be a
> heck of a great way to learn more about unix. and freBSD in particular.
>     I am not sure exactly what you may need help with, but i'm willing
> to try whatever you throw at me. i do have a good working knowledge of
> unix, but i aint no guru.
>             Thanks,
>             joey Comeau
>             aw096@chebucto.ns.ca