Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 15:45:57 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        Wayne Shiver <wshiver@crawford.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, 'Kent Stewart' <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Subject:   RE: Not able to see freebsd machines on NT machine

HUH?!  What in the world makes you think you can't browse w/o NetBEUI?  All
NetBEUI is, is a protocol, such as IPX and TCP/IP.  They are interchangeable
at that level and have nothing to do with browsing.  I happen to
intentionally not install NETBEUI on my windoze (95/98) machines and only
have TCP/IP, browsing works just fine (why have multiple protocols when they
aren't needed? less overhead I say).  Browsing is determined more by subnets
and wins servers and the like.

Now down to the original question...

Are the Samba / win98 / NT machines all on the ip subnet and all in the same
workgroup/domain?
What type of machine is the "master browser", NT server?
Can you manually connect to the FreeBSD machine from the NT machines, e.g.
using NET USE \\MACHINE\SHARE ?

-Chris