Date:      Thu, 3 May 2007 10:04:16 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "darshan na" <darshan.na@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello :Regarding the vulnerability

> Hi.
> Thanks for the reply
> I am really sorry It was my mistake for not checking properly
> After reading again I have realised that you specify the impact and
> workaround for FreeBSD releases and you provide links to their
> sources .Please correct me if I am wrong I am new to this field .

You are obviously new, but that's OK.  We all start out new.

about FreeBSD.  The fact that I responded to you post in no way identifies
me as an expert that should be exclusively consulted for further
information.  As a result, I've added questions@freebsd.org back to the
CC.

The FreeBSD project maintains a truckload of mailing lists to facilitate
collaboration within the community:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL
Of particular interest to you might be this list:

Top-posting is also generally frowned apon.

> I also wanted to know what features to you consider when publishing the
> vulnerability

Information about how the security team operates is here:
http://www.freebsd.org/security/

If you have a number of questions, I expect you'll benefit from organizing
them all into a single email and sending them (interview-style) to the
FreeBSD security officer (listed on the previous page).

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com