Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:20:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Weldon S Godfrey 3 <weldon@excelsus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RPC:  Program/version mismatch, retrying

When exporting an directory from a FreeBSD 2.2.snap to a Sun 3/470
running SunOS 4.0.3, it works fine.  The Sun mounts the directory ok

When exporting the same directory to a Sun 4/20 running SunOS 4.1 (yea,
4.1, not 4.1.something)...as the sun tries to mount, I get RPC:
Program/version mismatch, retrying...and it just hangs.  I have 2 of
thes stations, they both do it.

Is this error refering to RPC or NFS?  The version on nfsd I am running
claims to work with v3 and v4 of NFS.  I figured I would have a problem
with the older sun (sun 3) not the sun4's

Weldon