Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:27:13 -0400
From:      Lee Cremeans <leec@gtgi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        leec@gtgi.com
Subject:   Supermicro 370DLE/FreeBSD 4.3-RC SMP won't boot

We've set up a new dual-processor system (dual Pentium III 866, Supermicro
370DLE motherboard, 256MB ECC registered PC133 SDRAM). and I'm having
trouble getting an SMP kernel running on it. When I boot the kernel, it
finds most of the devices, then after it says it's launching CPU #1, the
boot stops -- I can reboot the machine using Ctrl-Alt-Del, but other than
that, it's stopped. I don't have the dmesg of the machine handy, since I'm
typing this from home, but I can provide the exact message and a copy of the
kernel config when I'm in the office tomorrow.

-lee